Welcome to the all-new Mainstage Theatre Complex, featuring Moe and Jack’s Place – The Rouse Theatre! Behind the scenes, our artists and production teams will enjoy new and upgraded spaces as well as enhanced theatre technology. For patrons and community members, the new facility improves your experience from top to bottom — here’s how.
ACCOMMODATIONS AND ACCESSIBILITY
- An improved drive up to the Playhouse includes the Maier Circle for drop off, which alleviates traffic congestion to and from the main entrance, the parking garage and the lower drive. The parking garage still has two levels of parking, and parking on the lower drive is still an option.
- Without having to take any stairs, patrons can walk from the parking lot, across the van der Horst Entry Plaza, and enter the Schueler Lobby to the Taft Orchestra and Castellini Parterre seating levels of the Rouse Theatre.
- The Lemmerman Family Box Office is located on the main floor of the Schueler Lobby and to the left of the main entrance. It includes both ticketing services and the coat check.
- There are four types of restrooms: women’s, men’s, all-gender and family. One of each type is available on each level of the new facility. Restrooms are all wheelchair-accessible and feature automatic sink faucets and soap dispensers.
- The Rouse Theatre includes 97 seats that are accessible without needing to take any stairs. Accessible seating is available in all three sections. There are 11 wheelchair-accessible seats.
- There is one main entrance to the building. To reach the Rouse Theatre from the lobbies, there are two entrances on the main floor and one entrance on the upper floor to the First Financial Balcony, making ingress and egress much easier and faster.
Entrance from Parking Garage and Maier Circle
- The lobbies on the main floor and upper floor are open spaces where you can gather, enjoy refreshments and engage more deeply with the art on stage. The upper lobby includes the Steiner seating area. All-new chairs and tables accompany the space.
- A grand staircase, made possible by the Carol Ann and Ralph V. Haile, Jr. Foundation, provides the focal point of the main entrance.
- Towering, floor-to-ceiling windows overlook Eden Park — a design feature that’s supplemented by architectural accents which enhance our park setting.
- A large visual timeline of Playhouse history wraps along the wall on the Schueler Lobby on the main floor, complete with details and images from the theatre’s 60+ years in existence.
- Al’s Bar, named to honor three generations of the Vontz family, serves drinks at two locations: one bar on the main floor in the Schueler Lobby and one bar on the upper floor.
- The Delish Dish and concessions are available for purchase on the upper floor near the Rosenthal Shelterhouse Theatre.
Schueler Lobby and Al’s Bar
MOE AND JACK’S PLACE – THE ROUSE THEATRE
- Three levels of seating bring more seats closer to the stage, creating an even more intimate atmosphere than the Marx Theatre. There will be 537 seats total in the theatre.
- All-new chairs provide more comfort and legroom. A fly gallery above the stage allows us to move set pieces into the air and will create hundreds of new set design options.
- A luxury lounge, sponsored by Barbara M. Weyand, will host Playhouse donors and a variety of special gatherings.
- An outdoor seating area outside the main entrance will offer a relaxing view of Eden Park. It will also include a play area and mini stage for children, made possible by the Buyniski, Gluckman and Goldfeder families.
- Landscaping throughout the property will take place when the weather is warmer, and it will double the amount of trees that were on site prior to construction.
- The outdoor P&G ArtWalk will run from Mt. Adams Circle, pass through Playhouse property, and continue towards the Cincinnati Art Museum.
- A new patio garden outside the Rosenthal Shelterhouse Theatre will offer a place to take in a view of the Cincinnati skyline.
Want to see more images and learn more about how you can directly impact this once-in-a-generation project? Visit cincyplay.com/ support/a-new-stage!