Thanks to a generous grant from The Daniel and Susan Pfau Foundation, we are piloting a program designed to integrate students with developmental disabilities into a traditional theatre camp environment. Please visit our Launch Pad page for more information about this exciting new program!Learn More
Summer Theatre Full-Day Camp and Performance Academy
Students arrive at camp between 8:45 and 9 a.m. and sign in with the counselors before joining their group. After morning assembly and warm-ups, campers and their counselors go to class sessions taught by our theatre education professionals.
We have one snack break throughout the day and a one-hour lunch break. Snacks and lunch are not provided. Younger groups may take two breaks during the day as needed. The camp day concludes with an all-camp assembly and dismissal at 4:30 p.m.
Creativenture Half-Day Camp
The morning group arrives between 8:45 and 9 a.m. Parents must walk students in and sign in with a counselor before students join their group. Campers will enjoy guided activities and an open play period. We will provide one snack. Parents must pick students up at a designated area between 11:45 a.m. and 12 p.m.
The afternoon group arrives between 12:45 and 1 p.m. Parents must walk students in and sign in with a counselor before students join their group. Campers will enjoy guided activities and will have one snack break and open play period. Parents must pick students up at a designated area between 4:15 p.m. and 4:30 p.m.
Before Care and After Care are only available at Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park and Mason Community Center locations.
Cincinnati Playhouse in the Park
Before Care is available from 7:45 to 8:45 a.m. After Care is available from 4:30 to 5:30 p.m.
Before Care and After Care must be purchased separately online or through the Box Office. The cost of each is $30 per week/session. Pro-rating is not available for individual day usage.
For students not enrolled in Before Care, we will begin checking in students at 8:45 a.m. If your child is not enrolled in After Care and is not picked up by 4:45 p.m., you will be charged the extended care rate for the week.
Mason Community Center
Pricing and registration for the program at Mason Community Center can be found through their website during registration.
All Other Locations
Due to location availability, we are unable to take campers before 8:45 a.m. or keep them past 5 p.m. Drop-off will occur between 8:45 and 9 a.m. Pick-up will occur between 4:30 and 5 p.m. All campers must be picked up by 5 p.m.
Performance Academy presentations include limited sets and costumes.
Three-Week Performance Academy Camps
• Madagascar, Jr. will perform on Friday, June 28, at 5:30 p.m. at the Playhouse
• Drama Geeks vs. Zombie Cheerleaders will perform on Friday, Aug. 2, at 5:30 p.m. at the Playhouse
Two-Week Performance Academy Camps
• Make Your Own Movie, Session I will show their films on Friday, June 21, at 4 p.m. at the Playhouse
• Make Your Own Movie, Session II will show their films on Friday, July 26, at 4 p.m. at the Playhouse
Seussical KIDS and Seussical KIDS: Little Whos
• Session 1: June 3 – 14
• Performance: June 14 at 4:30 p.m. at Embassy Suites Cincinnati NE. Performance day rehearsals will take place at the performance venue.
• Session 2: June 17 – 28
• Performance: June 28 at 4:30 p.m. at Anderson Center Theater
• Session 3: July 8 – 19
• Performance: July 19 at 4:30 p.m. at Colerain Senior Center
• Session 4: July 22 – Aug. 2
• Performance: Aug. 2 at 4:30 p.m. at Mason Community Center