The Playhouse is committed to increasing accessibility to all its programs. This summer, we are proud to announce that, thanks to a generous grant from The Daniel and Susan Pfau Foundation, we are piloting a program designed to make our theatre day camp an integrated and inclusive experience for students with developmental disabilities. Space is limited.
We are able to provide the following support in our full-day, one week camps at select locations:
• Social story pre-camp packet
• Welcome video (which can be individualized upon request)
• Pre-camp meet-and-greet with staff and aides
• We will work with parents and students individually to ensure a positive and supportive environment
• Social narrative signs in all camp classrooms, lunch and play areas
• Differentiated scheduling (personal, pocket-sized daily schedules available upon request)
• Detailed concrete schedules
• Two camp aides who are trained to work with students with developmental disabilities
• All camp counselors and instructors will be trained in effective communication strategies for students with developmental disabilities
• Access to comfort items such as noise-canceling headphones, fidgets, weighted blankets, etc.
• We can accommodate personal comfort items
• A quiet space will be available
• Note: We cannot administer medication, provide bathroom assistance or provide personal, one-on one aides.
If you have any questions about the Launch Pad Accessibility Program, please call 513-977-2028.
Apply for a Scholarship!
Scholarships are available for those in our Launch Pad Accessibility Program based on financial need.